Submit a Case
Contact the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory at (530) 752-2211 or email VGL-Forensics to discuss your case. A sample submission form must accompany each sample. Government agencies can submit a purchase order or a W-9 to be invoiced. Private individuals may pay by cash, check, or credit card at the time of submission.
When handling and shipping samples:
- Clearly identify all samples with item description, date collected, and person collecting the sample.
- Dry samples should be maintained at room temperature, kept away from direct sunlight, and stored in a paper envelope or bag.
- Wet samples should be tightly sealed and kept cool.
- Liquid samples should be packaged with absorbent material in case of leakage.
- When shipping refrigerated or frozen samples, triple wrap the item to prevent leakage, and include a cold pack.
Ship by courier (e.g. FedEx/UPS/DHL) to: